The benefits of epsom salts – Trackstaa
When most runners hear Baths for recovery, they think of Ice baths. Ice baths have shown to aid recovery and reduce inflammation. However, we will talk about the positives and negatives of Ice baths in another article. Because this one is all about Epsom Salts.
What are Epsom Salts?
Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulfate. It’s a chemical compound made up of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen.
How do Epsom Salts Work?
When in water, magnesium and sulfate ions are dissolved. This results in these ions being absorbed by the skin into the body.
You can also get creams which have this same effect.
The benefits of Epsom salts
Many of the benefits of Epsom salts are useful for athletic performance and recovery. Which hopefully by now (since we keep banging on about it), you know recovery is one of the keys to success.
- The benefits of Epsom salts 1 – Providing Magnesium; Many people do not consume enough Magnesium, with many using supplements in order to have an optimal amount (Do not use supplements to replace a balanced diet).
Magnesium; Supports electrolyte balance, contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, aids normal protein synthesis and contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- The benefits of Epsom salts 2 – Aids with sleep and relaxation; Magnesium helps with production of neurotransmitters that induce sleep and reduce stress. Magnesium can help your body with melatonin production, which is the hormone that promotes sleep.
Sleep and nutrition are the two key factors in recovery. So any way you can improve one of them is a boost in your recovery!
- The benefits of Epsom salts 3 – Many people believe epsom salts can help relieve muscle soreness and fatigue. One reason for this could be the fact, some properties within epsom salts help use lactic acid and glucose. Both of which can be used as energy during the recovery process.
Also, having a warm both in itself can help relaxation and improve blood flow. Heat widens your blood vessels which means more blood can be transported around the body. Increased blood flow = Increased recovery
- Nike Vaporfly Next% 3: The Ultimate Racing Shoe for 5K, 10K, and Marathon DistancesIntroduction: Discover the latest iteration in Nike’s groundbreaking Vaporfly series – the Nike Vaporfly Next% 3. Renowned for its outstanding performance in races ranging from 5K to marathons, this upgraded version offers enhanced comfort, breathability, and an even softer ride. In this comprehensive review, we’ll explore the key features that make the Vaporfly Next% 3 […]
- Women’s NCAA XC Rankings 20221 Katelyn Tuohy 2 Parker Valby 3 Mercy Chelangat 4 Ceili McCabe 5 Taylor Roe 6 Kelsey Chmiel 7 Hilda Olemomoi 8 Isabel Van-Camp 9 Elise Stearns 10 Natalie Cook Top 330 Rankings further down 11 Samantha Bush 12 Everlyn Kemboi 13 Aubrey Frentheway 14 Gracelyn Larkin 15 Billah Jepkirui 16 Kaylee Mitchell 17 Bailey […]
- Men’s NCAA XC rankings 20221 Charles Hicks 2 Nico Young 3 Ky Robinson 4 Alex Maier 5 Casey Clinger 6 Cole Sprout 7 Victor Kiprop 8 Ehab El-Sandali 9 Dylan Jacobs 10 Drew Bosley Top 330 Rankings further down 11 Aaron Bienenfeld 12 Acer Iverson 13 Andrew Kent 14 Carter Solomon 15 Barry Keane 16 Patrick Kiprop 17 Parker […]
- NCAA XC RANKINGS 2022Men’s Rankings Women’s Rankings
- Nike Vaporfly Next% 3 – Nike’s new Super shoe￼The vaporfly series since its inception in 2017 has been the most popular super shoe for any road distance from 5K through to the marathon and further. The vaporfly next% then firmly cemented the vaporfly’s position at the top of the road running world because of how it performed in terms of energy return. Other […]